3/7/14

3 Weeks In...

I can't believe my last update was at 31 weeks pregnant...a lot has changed since then. From weeks 32-38 I pretty much stayed in and relaxed because my feet was swelling a lot. I was supposed to have my baby shower at 38 weeks, but I opted not to have one at all because I just wasn't in the mood to be around a ton of people.

Needless to say, the Wednesday before my baby shower was supposed to take place I had an appointment at MFAC (Maternal Fetal Assessment Center) at the hospital and the doctor decided to induce me...so my baby shower was definitely a no go.

The interesting thing, my mother kept saying that when I went to my appointment they would keep me so it wasn't a real shocker to me, but it was still a bit nerve wrecking.

I will give you this quick note: my labor was 44.5 hours...Why? They tried to get me to push him out and after 43.5 hours of him not coming down they finally just gave me a c-section which took another 1hr to prepare for...yup. I gave birth to a handsome baby boy on Feb 13, 2014 at 9:23pm...the day before Valentine's Day and I couldn't be happier about it.

Upcoming Posts
  • Belly shots from 32-38 weeks
  • Labor & Delivery Story
  • C-Section Experience & Recovery
  • Postpartum Essentials
  • Baby's 2 Week Update
  • Two Week Postpartum Update
  • Baby's 1 Month Update
  • Baby's 6 Week Update
  • Six Week Postpartum Update
  • Breastfeeding Experience
  • Newborn Essentials
  • What's In My Diaper Bag
  • New Mom Tips
Overall, I have been enjoying my life as a new mom. It is a bit of struggle waking up every 2-3 hours to tend to my little one at night, but I'm surely getting the hang of it. 

I can and will say -- my son was the best thing that has ever happened to me!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment. All comments are read and appreciated.