10/17/13

Weekly Update | 18-21 weeks

I haven't done one of these updates in a while on my blog simply because I forgot that I even had this blog and my energy is off the wavelengths. Also I've been dealing with a few things these past few weeks as well which I'll get into towards the end of the update. I've also included images of my pregnancy from my 18th and 19th week as I have to still edit my pictures from my 20th and 21st week. Will include those in a separate post.

How far along? 21 weeks and 4 days. Can't believe it's been 5 months!!!

Total weight gain? 12lbs since pre-pregnancy.

Size and growth of baby? Baby is about the size of a banana or carrot.

Gender? Supposedly a boy lol, but will reconfirm at next ultrasound.

Maternity clothes? No, but I should be at this point! I buy all my clothing in a size or two bigger now.

Sleep? Sleep has been good. Still need to change my pattern, but baby gets really active at about midnight to about 3am. In all sleep has been interesting.

Best moments? Feeling constant movement every single day from my little one. It's amazing to feel how active they are in the womb.

Movement? A ton! I have more of a night owl so he'll move more so after midnight, but during the day he makes sure that I'm aware of existence by kicking and punching a few rounds. We even play tag sometimes, lol.

Food cravings? Since the 18th week, ice cream, sour power straws in green apple, rice krispies, dill pickles in packet or glass, shrimp and mash potatoes.

Food aversions? None. They have all subsided thankfully!

Morning sickness? Nope...none so far in my 5 months of pregnancy.

Symptoms? Since the 18th week...back pain, nasal congestion, lower adominal pain, dehydration, cramping, dry hands and constipation. I have had groin pain, but that may be due to the yoga I'm doing.

Labor signs? None.

Belly button? Out completely and really dark.

Wedding ring? On, it never fit correctly as my fingers are small.

Happy or moody? Both! One minute I'm great, excited and on top of the world. The next, crying, sad and over it. My emotions have skyrocketed and I tend to have a comeback for everything and get defensive really quick.

What I miss? Wearing my shirts, skirts and dresses. I need to find some clothing flattering for my petite body. I miss lying on stomach too as it relaxes me. Working as a freelance makeup artist.

What I'm looking forward to? Looking forward to more shopping for dresses and tops. My baby shower and bsby shopping. My hospital tour and seeing my little one.

Now, these past few weeks have been crazy for me as I had my anatomy scan on Sept 30th. When I was there they found two markers for down syndrome -- small nasal bone and echogenic foci on the heart. Now, I'm not too concerned as my family has small noses and the bright spot on heart is common during the ultrasound, but then again I am. I have been freaking out like crazy and trying to stay calm and collective. Yesterday I meet with a genetics counselor and opted not to do amino for personal reasons. I decided to just do the noninvasive prenatal blood test. I should have those results by next week Friday, so I'll do a more in depth post later on, but today I just wanted to do a quick update.

Overall, I'm healthy and little one is measuring on time. I've been gaining 4lbs a month. My only issue is that I'm dehydrated, so that means I need to drink tons of water. Pray for me! Lol.

Hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment. All comments are read and appreciated.