3/7/14

Labor & Delivery Story: Natural to C-Section

I'm not quite sure where to begin so I recorded a video on my labor and delivery.

Let me begin by saying my expected due date was Sunday, Feb 23, 2014. I had an appointment on Wednesday, Feb 12, 2014 at MFAC (Maternal Fetal Assessment Center) to check on my amniotic fluid and the baby's weight. My fluid was at an 8.1 (which is okay since your fluid should be between 8 to 14 on the index) and according to the sonogram he was weighing 5lbs and 11oz which according to the sonographer and doctor he was weighing at 35 weeks and 3 days. I was 38 weeks and 3 days.

Keep in mind, my doctor told me my son wouldn't be over 6lbs and 5oz just because of my figure so I wasn't concerned, but every other doctor was concerned which I guess is okay.

My son was born Thursday, Feb 13, 2014 at 9:23pm. He weighed 6lbs and 1oz and was 19.4 inches long.

As far as my discharge and home recovery goes, check out this video:

Overall, my labor and delivery was smooth I just wish the pain medication would have continued to work while I was dilating because I probably would have decided to just push him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment. All comments are read and appreciated.