6/28/13

GYN Turned Prenatal Nurse...

Dear Love Nugget,

I think, love nugget is super cute and better then baby addison and pumpkin pie. *teehehe*

Today was our first appointment at 11am. Pretty exciting, but nerve wrecking because I thought I would have to go through all the basics of a regular gyn appointment, but I didn't. When I got there the woman at the front desk didn't want me to see the doctor because I was scheduled for a basic gyn appointment and not a obstetrician appointment. Instead I got the chance to see a prenatal nurse and get the medical history out of the way. I had to get about 6-8 tubes of blood drawn *ouch* thankfully they didn't have to do the glucose or HIV blood testing so they didn't have to add those tubes for blood (too many tubes make mommy dizzy). They did do the cystic fibrosis screening though, I'll get all results on July 19th...our first official prenatal appointment. We do have a sonogram coming up next Friday though which I'm excited about. I get to see your little body, see how far along you are, your EDD and get pictures of you!

Besides from the basics the nurse gave me a nice big packet with a whole bunch of information. I got the hospital registration form which needs to be filled out once I hit 5 months and sent in. I got information on doing a hospital tour (which I will do around 5 to 7 months), childbirth classes, breastfeeding information and nutrition.  Thankfully the vitamins my doctor prescribed me are prenatal vitamins, but I will find out if I need any supplements once the prenatal appointment. I did get weighed today and I've gained 2.5 lbs which puts me at 82lbs now. Still a bit underweight, but I'm excited about getting healthy for both you and I.

I am still debating if I want to take a childbirthing or prenatal breastfeeding class. I may, but who knows. I'm still reading What To Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff. It's a great read, but I do find it a bit overwhelming at times with all the information. I plan to get back into yoga sometime soon, but your mommy is just too lazy to go uptown to the storage place to get her cute yoga mat. I might just buy a completely new one and just own two...great idea right?!

Overall, today was a great day. I'm super excited to see you and get your first picture. I love you as every millisecond goes by.

Sidenote: my obstetrician is Dr. Pamela DeForst (yay for a lady doctor) and I'm thinking about giving you my pediatrician when I was younger, Dr. Patricia Koors. She's absolutely amazing and knows your mommy well, so it'd only be right to do. Lol.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment. All comments are read and appreciated.